Friday, June 25, 2010

As Promised...

Heya!!! Im at home so its time to update this poor unloved blog of mine. I just love uni holidays. 5 whole weeks and just one exam, perfect. On a sadder note my dog chico had to be put down this week. Digging his grave is the saddest thing I have ever done. He is resting in peace now with a few of his fave teddys. Poor Tara our other dog isnt so happy now :-( Dad wants to get another dog but mum isnt so keen. I so am though. A husky would be good or a german shepard. I'm still at uni!! So thats nearly 4 whole months I've stuck at it and havent changed my mind. For those of you who know that was a slight tendancy of mine, it isnt any more!! I am still loving anthropology and am keen to go to Nepal to research womens place in society over there. I'm finished my extra Buddhism course that I took and loved totally! I made a lot of new friends and the Buddhist monk that taught it was brilliant. I learnt a lot about happiness which comes in handy when I have 4 assignments due, 2 tests and money to worry about. It's so nice being home. Proper food, mum doing my laundry everyday, sleeping in and peace and quiet! When I head back to uni on the 9th I have the Taupo trip to look forward to (YAY!!!!!!!) I'm also gonna be studying womens gender studies which im totally amped for. My friend and next door neighbour has left the country though so that deserves a huge sad face. I was just getting to know her. We even cried while watching Titanic. Thats a bonding experience right there. I'm enjoying living in the halls even though sometimes I want to be anywhere but there. I've enjoyed experiences such as being paper mached, having a bath with like 5 or 6 other people, trying to skateboard down stairs and many other random things. It can get lonely at times even with heaps of others around though. Good job I bought a moon hopper to keep me occupied during those times. It's got dora the explorer on it which my friend KC just loves hehe. I educate her in all things child like including making her watch little einsteins the whole way through while singing the theme song very loudly. Uni has been a huge learning experience so far and thats just one semester. I have learnt not to get so drunk you arent in control anymore, lock my door everytime i leave or Marcus will steal something just to prove a point, people often arent who you think they are, dont go on first impressions, keep up with your readings, life is damn hard sometimes!! I am still single and I have learnt that I am probably better off single for the next few years at least. I already have a quite well developed feminist attitude and am getting extremely tired of immature guys thinking they are god so I definately dont want to use up any energy wasting my time dealing with their still developing emotions. It reminds me of a term in anthropology, celestialasation. If people dont like a ruler they can kill that person but if the ruler was appointed by god then they have to abide by the ruler because you cant kill god. I can't kill every male that annoys me, not because they were appointed by god but because theyre so deluded in thinking theyre god you would be hard pressed to convince them otherwise and even if i killed them, their ego would live on. Thats just how huge some guys egos are. K, so Ill stop with the feminist rant for now. I have to add that there are probably good guys out there in fact I know there are cos i know a few but to the ones that arent, you could learn a few things from the good guys. I'm so excited for the Taupo trip that we have planned. We get to star gaze!!! Better not be cloudy. I'm also excitecd for church tomorrow because I havent seen all my friends there since early February which is way to long so to see them all again will be so nice :-) I think this ramble has been sufficiently long enough to be considered an update, right Izak? So until the next time I manage to remember I have a blog c ya laters!!

3 comments:

Izak Flash Man said...

You could have done a few more sentences, but I think I will live. XD

Inspired08 said...

Your gonna see me in a few weeks so you can listen to all the sentences u like then :P

Izak Flash Man said...

lol. I'll have sentence over dosing. XD