Friday, June 27, 2008

Auckland Trip 2008

So, iv just got back from Auckland and im soooooo tired. A whole week of hanging out with my friends in the big city, experiencing life at uni and generally living city styles. On Sunday we left Okaihau in our 3 cool vans (Sarcasm) and arrived at the marae after 4 hours sitting next to sum of my more excentric friends. It has underfloor heating there, and its nice as. Monday saw us going to visit Otago and auckland uni and of course shopping. I cant remember exactly but i think thats the day me and a certain sumone went up the Sky tower which was totally cool, saw heaps of people doing the skyjump. Night time was lazer strike which of course was fun as, lots of running around and screaming. Tuesday was AUT and massey i think, im extremly tired right now so i wouldnt expect an accurate account. Movies again tuesday night, we saw The Happening and on Sunday we saw Zohan which we all thought was v.disturbing to say the least. Wednesday was work experience and i went to a workplace which deals with weather etc. It was awesome as and i learnt heaps, it took me aaaages to get there though like an hour of walking in the wrong type of shoes (ouch!!!) and getting lost but in the end i got there so thats great. After that i took myself shopping and for lunch before meeting my friend for a trip to the art gallery which was also very cool cos it showed me a whole new side of art. Lets just say that when i returned to the marae, it was to my bed and i wasnt intent on moving for the next few hours. Thursday saw us going to Hamilton for a trip to Waikato uni and Wintec. Both cool, even though i didnt actually go to wintec, i went shopping instead as my name wasnt on the list. That night we went shopping again which was totally awesome cos, well its shopping and i got to hang out with a very special friend of mine. Friday morning saw me getting up at quarter to six in an effort to get my name on the job list to get the easiest job for cleaning up. Turns out people had actually got up during the night in desperation to secure the easiest job but i got a relatively easy one so it wasnt so bad least i didnt have to clean the bathroom cos thats a yucky job. Then after that we went to snowplanet and did sum skiing for the first time, its hard but incredibly fun. Then it was back to little old Okaihau to find awful weather which is still happening to this minute. Rain and v.strong wind :( winter sux but yea.... thats my week in a nutshell, catch ya later :D

No comments: